Revive your bricked motherboard
One day, your computer stop working, here are some symptons:
- Power on , fans , lights working
- USB keyboard does not light up
- You are sure that your memory/cpu/graphics card working fine( move it to a working machine and test)
- No display
- you clear the cmos, remove battery
- there is no sign of any components burnt
If you have the above symptoms, there is a high chance that your bios is failed or corrupted. If your bios is corrupted, you can reflash it using the some special tools, the tool name CH341a , there are many articles on internet showing you how to use it, for the hardware, i ordered from this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNVVXW6 , there are some cheaper one , but the clamp does not well.
Here are some of my lesson learnt:
- Buy the good one instead of cheap one
- When you connect, make sure pin 1 is in the correct position, if you put it in the wrong position, the program will not able to read the chip, there is no harm, you can try again and again
- You need to try many times as the contact is not always good
- if you have bad contact you will see this
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No EEPROM/flash device found.
Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.
^[[Cflashrom v1.2 on Darwin 20.6.0 (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org
- If it’s good, you will see this
flashrom v1.2 on Darwin 20.6.0 (x86_64) flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org Calibrating delay loop... OK. Found Macronix flash chip "MX25U12835F" (16384 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi. Reading flash... done.